Stewart-Amos Steel, Inc. has a long history of providing fabricated structural steel for the commercial and industrial construction industries of the Northeastern United States.
In 1965 the Stewart Equipment Company (established 1950) merged with the A.R. Amos Equipment Company (established 1938) to form the Stewart-Amos Equipment Company. Stewart-Amos Steel, Inc. was founded in 1976 when company executives acquired the former Goetze Welding Company (established 1946). The shop at 4400 Paxton Street, Harrisburg, which already housed an experienced and skilled workforce, was quickly upgraded to one of the most modern and efficient in Pennsylvania. CNC steel fabrication equipment was brought online to increase production and accuracy of fabricated structural steel components, allowing efficient and faster-paced erection of building structures.
An experienced in-house drafting department was seamlessly converted from using T-squares, drafting tables and pencils to computer aided drafting and design. The drafting department at Stewart-Amos remains on the cutting edge of technology by using SDS/2 and Tekla 3-D steel detailing programs with BIM capabilities and downloadable production files.
Stewart-Amos Steel was elected to membership of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) in 1991 and set itself apart from its peers by becoming an AISC Certified Fabricator in 1994. AISC certification guarantees that a standard of quality fabrication is provided to building owners and general contractors.
Stewart-Amos Steel has successfully completed the steel skeletons of many landmark buildings throughout the region. Hundreds of structures— hospitals, sports facilities, office buildings, courthouses, shopping malls, distribution centers, schools and universities built with steel fabricated in our shop — dot the landscape of the Mid-Atlantic states.